Wednesday, January 19, 2011

REVIEW: Thai Noodle

Thai Noodle (Restaurant) Berkeley CA

Photobucket

As a transplant in a new city, I find myself wandering aimlessly fairly often. I don't know anybody and I don't really have anywhere to be besides work.

One evening I found myself on an especially long excursion and after downing several beers at Triple Rock Brewery and I found that I had the intense urge to use the restroom. Not willing to risk a ticket for peeing in public I found the nearest open bar or restaurant I could. I didn't feel right just using their bathroom without supporting their business so I had decided wherever I went or would order something (McDonalds and other fast food joints being the exception).

I came across a little restaurant simply known as Thai Noodle. Not only was happy to find a place to drain the main vein, but I was also pleasantly surprised by the food.

Photobucket

I asked the waiter what the most popular vegetarian dish was and he recommended the Pad See Ew with tofu. I had had this dish many other places and I was a fan so I went for it. The waiter had the courtesy of asking whether I wanted it with or without eggs which I appreciated. I went with the eggs. Within 10 minutes I had a delicious pile of noodles tossed with broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and cabbage in a sweet sauce.

Photobucket

The dish was tasty all by itself but I was happy to add some chili powder and peanuts from the condiments that were included at my table. The sauce was the right balance of sweet to salty and the veggies were tasty. My only complaint was the carrots were slightly overcooked but for under $8 I was still very happy with what I received.

Photobucket

If you are looking for an inexpensive, quick, tasty meal then check Thai Noodle on Shattuck & Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment