Thursday, January 20, 2011

REVIEW: Beeradelphia (Blog)

There is a new blog for all you beer drinkers out there...


"My name is Matt and I’m a beer guy. For me, there is no pleasure greater than good friends, good food, and good brews. This blog is meant to inform and guide fellow beer lovers to what they might like. I’ll discuss beers according to my tastes, but if the description sounds like something you generally like, then go ahead and try it! One beer may not be for me, but it might be your new favorite."

Check his blog out at BEERADELPHIA <-------- CLICK IT!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Rare Vos – Ommegang Brewery, Cooperstown, NY. (pictured above)

Style: Belgian Ale.

Drank: 750 mL bottle.

Pour: Nice amber color.

Head: Very thick, frothy, with loose lacing.

Nose: Caramel, sweet fruits, bread, and yeast.

Palate: Yeast, caramel, lingering clove flavor.

Mouthfeel: Nice carbonation. Very light, but not too dry.

This is probably the best beer I’ve had from Ommegang so far. A lot less wine-like than the others. Very balanced and tasty.

I’d like to pair this with something spicy and flavorful. The fairly refreshing nature of this will interact well with spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment